Monday 20 June 2011

So the cornish adventure......


One of our many old vw vans.

Oooooh, I was a little bit over excited to be going to Cornwall last week hell yeah! I used to make quite a few regular trips down there, even spending a whole summer in St. Ives once living in our old vw camper van and working at a local cafe.... aaaah happy memories! Our trips were usually a group of friends deciding the day before to fill our wagons with surfboards and bbq essentials and head down to the coast, low budget but huge fun!

I know Cornwall is a special place to many people but it holds so many fantastic memories for me.


St. Nicholas Chapel St. Ives

My gorgeous husband even proposed to me at the little church at the top of the Island in St. Ives during the most amazing storm, it was one hell of an evening!! The sun was setting and the waves were HUGE and through the wind and the sound of the surf, he manages to get down on one knee and pop the question.
Me and my hubby got engaged after three months of knowing each other, but it took 10 years before we got hitched! I think we just knew we were meant to be together and the wedding would fall into place when we were ready, and that is exactly how it worked.
The Chapel overlooks Porthmeor Beach, an amazingly beautiful place, and if you haven't ever been there, honestly it is worth a trip.

Now, I know Cornwall must also be very important to a gorgeous couple called Keli and Steve. This was the real reason I headed down this week as they were getting married at The Headland Hotel overlooking Newquay's Fistral Beach, and wow was it a stunning spot! I've posted a couple of sneaky peek piccies here as I have just started editing but more to come soon!


Thanks Keli and Steve for having us along, it was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment